I had a peek last night at the change log of Debian's perl.  Saw some
security fixes I don't remember having seen come back to p5p.

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/p/perl/perl_5.8.4-4/changelog
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/perl/perl_5.8.4-4.diff.gz

perl (5.8.4-4) unstable; urgency=low

  * SECURITY [CAN-2004-0976]: patches from Trustix for insecure temp
    file usage (thanks to Joey Hess for analysis; closes #278404).
    - Some unsafe examples in the DB_File POD.
    - Use of the unsafe tmpnam in the ext/DB_File/t/db-recno.t test
      script.
    - Use of unsafe temporary file names in ext/Devel/PPPort/PPPort.pm .
    - An example in MakeMaker.pm that suggets setting PREFIX=/tmp/myperl5
      and another that suggets setting DESTDIR=/tmp/ .
    - Insecure use of /tmp file in instmodsh.
    - Insecure use of /tmp file in lib/Memoize/t/tie.t, tie_gdbm.t, tie_ndbm.t,
      tie_sdbm.t, tie_storable.t, probably exploitable at build time if these
      tests are run.
    - Use of insecure temp file in POD docs in lib/perl5db.pl
      and also an insecure temp file in the setterm() function in that
      program.

--
Michael G Schwern        [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.