Steve Hay wrote:

>Automated smoke report for 5.9.3 patch 24339
>TANGAROA.uk.radan.com:  Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz(~1992 MHz) (x86/1
>cpu)
>    on        MSWin32 - WinXP/.Net SP1
>    using     cl version 12.00.8804
>    smoketime 51 minutes 24 seconds (average 2 minutes 8.500 seconds)

Problem was caused by change #24338 which removed the definition of
perlsio_binmode() when USE_SFIO is not defined, which breaks the Win32
build because makedef.pl tries to export that function.

Looking at the single place that perlsio_binmode() is called from, I
think #24338 should have removed the definition when USE_SFIO *is* defined.

That fixes things in normal usage on Win32, but would still break in
cases (perhaps on other OS's that also use makedef.pl) where USE_SFIO is
defined.  So I've also made the exporting of this function conditional
on USE_SFIO being not defined.  Done in change #24341.

- Steve

Radan Computational Ltd.

The information contained in this message and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this
message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender
immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this
message is strictly forbidden.  Note that any views or opinions presented in
this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of Radan Computational Ltd.  The recipient(s) of this message should
check it and any attached files for viruses: Radan Computational will accept no