On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 10:22:59PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> > What if I'm interested in taking partial responsibility for this?
>
> Whoever does maintenance tends to be drawn from someone who has already
> been committing to the development branch. I think that this would be more
> help would be useful. Actually merging across patches is relatively
> simple, once the decision is taken about what to merge.
>
> I also think that there is considerable potential for confusion with more
> than one person doing it.

Okay.  My concern is that bugfix changes are not tagged as "bufixes" (at
least as they come through perl5-changes), so there's a chance you can
miss the one when there's a lot of them.

(Being more specific, I'm concerned about change #24367 (and also
changes #24703 and #24709) that fixes getppid() cache; the change was
made before 5.8.7 release and did not find its way into 5.8.7; there's
a chance it's not in again if you simply review the changes made after
5.8.7 release.)