Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:

Maybe are you aware of
http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/alanbur?entry=dtrace_and_perl already ?

As Rafael says, I've already done some work on this, documented at the link above. My intention is to put some generic macros into perl at the appropriate places. By default they woud be empty, in the case of Solaris you will be able to instantiate them as DTrace probes, on other platforms they could be whatever tracing system the platform supports.

I've also spoken to Bryan, Mike and Adam about how to reduce the probe effect, I just haven't had the time to do the work. I'll be in MPK17 next week if you want to discuss it further.

--
Alan Burlison