Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> The attached patch (#1) brings several pending updates to Math::Complex
> and Math::Trig.
>
>       - Complex: fix for the [perl #31117]: atan2(0, i) now works,
>         as do all the (computable) complex argument cases (I adopted
>         the Mathematica definition)
>       - Complex: fixes for certain bugs in the make() and emake()
>       - Complex: support returning the kth root directly
>       - Complex: support [2,-3pi/8] in emake()
>       - Complex: support 'inf' for make()/emake() (the 9**9**9 trick)
>       - Complex: document make()/emake() more visibly
>       - Trig: add more great circle routines: great_circle_waypoint()
>         and great_circle_destination()
>
> I also made the modules scratch-proof, err, 5.00504 and 5.6.2-resistant.
>
> Since the Complex+Trig have had some fixes/updates over the years, maybe
> also them should be spun off to CPAN so that users of older Perls can
> use the latest versions?
>
> The tiny patch (#2) documents the attested fact that atan2(0, 0) is not
> well-defined (i.e., or ie., or ie, the result depends on the underlying
> math libraries).
>
> Both patches should be maint-worthy.

Both applied to blead as #25414, thanks. But may I suggest that next time,
you run tests before sending them ? Just look again at your next_test()
function for lib/Math/Complex.t (I didn't apply this part) and you'll
see that you made a trivial mistake... :)

--
Faithful to this feeble magic, he would invent, so that they might not happen,
the most atrocious particulars.