On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Will Coleda via RT <
perl6-bugs-follo...@perl.org> wrote:

> The lack of progress on old tickets has little to do with the ticketing
> system they are in. What sort of information are you looking for? I
> regularly ping the IRC chat with summary information on tickets; Tell me
> what you're looking for, I'm happy to provide it.

I think that meant lack of progress on issues with the RT config?

I am reasonably sure that between a newer RT and additional scrips, things
like git integration and markdown support can be solved. But we're using
someone else's RT instance, and most of the issues are ultimately more
administrative than technical.

With respect to spam: welcome to public-facing ticketing systems. Spam is
not a solvable problem, only one that can be managed to a limited extent.
Spammers specifically target these systems once they find them, mostly (but
not completely) to support fake "SEO" schemes or to provide
legitimate-looking links to foil email spam detectors; switching to a
different ticketing system will only cause spammers to switch to tools that
work against the new ticketing system. If you regularly use a ticketing
system that doesn't appear to have a spam problem, talk to that system's
admins and you will find they have more bodies looking for and whacking
spam as it arrives.

allber...@gmail.com                                  ballb...@sinenomine.net