On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 06:31:06 -0700, c...@zoffix.com wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Jan 2017 07:59:29 -0800, alex.jakime...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Code:
> > say { 0 => 1, 1 => 0 }.max(:by(*.value))
> >
> > Result:
> > 1 => 0
> >

> > Code:
> > say { 0 => 1, 1 => 0 }.max(*.value)
> >
> > Result:
> > 0 => 1
> >

> > I think :by(…) is something people commonly try (somebody did this on
> > camelia, and I remember doing this myself), so it would be great if
> > it
> > could warn the user.
>

> So why do people try it, anyway? Why that specific named param?
>
> I rather not litter the code with heuristics to catch arbitrary named
> params.

I see our docs call the arg `&by` for this routine. I clarified[^1][^2] in
the docs that this is a positional and not a named arg and IMO we should
not add any changes to Rakudo's source for this ticket.

[^1]
https://github.com/perl6/doc/commit/2f8f4170377311d055cf99b46b79d0fb9a8ec165
[^2]
https://github.com/perl6/doc/commit/67ab9c1a0b46b85ffc0ee679baa1e048f21e61fc