I agree that this is really not the appropriate forum for this. Type a
question like "if I write the same code for several clients, who owns
it?" into a search engine, and you'll get a plethora of links.

In this case, I would say the fairest thing is to write the sharable
portion once on your own time, then charge all the clients the same
for the core and time-and-materials for the tailoring.