On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 20:35:24 -0700, coke wrote:
> Many tests in S03-operators/increment.t are throwing ad hoc exceptions
> instead of X::Parameter::RW

There have been some changes in this area:

1) With roast commit https://github.com/perl6/roast/commit/93736e7f73 the
failing tests have been changed from expecting X::Parameter::RW to
X::Multi::NoMatch.

2) After some recent changes to the multi method cache
(https://github.com/perl6/nqp/commit/567f6568f1) only one test in
S03-operators/increment.t is failing due to not throwing X::Multi::NoMatch:

$ ./perl6-j -Ilib -e 'use Test; throws-like q[my $x = 0; ++++$x],
X::Multi::NoMatch'
    1..2
    ok 1 - 'my $x = 0; ++++$x' died
    not ok 2 - right exception type (X::Multi::NoMatch)
    # Failed test 'right exception type (X::Multi::NoMatch)'
    # at gen/jvm/CORE.setting line 16869
    # Expected: X::Multi::NoMatch
    # Got:      X::AdHoc
    # Exception message: Cannot assign to a readonly variable or a value
    # Looks like you failed 1 test of 2
not ok 1 - did we throws-like X::Multi::NoMatch?
# Failed test 'did we throws-like X::Multi::NoMatch?'
# at -e line 1

3) There are three other tests in roast with the same failure mode (and fudged
with this ticket number):

*
https://github.com/perl6/roast/blob/2452b9dce146a98172f4b56cfec14d435fe4e2b1/S04-statements/for.t#L631
*
https://github.com/perl6/roast/blob/2452b9dce146a98172f4b56cfec14d435fe4e2b1/S06-traits/misc.t#L21-L27
*
https://github.com/perl6/roast/blob/aca8689bc407c5461d07a52631ebcaa1f67bebad/S06-traits/misc.t#L39-L42

I'll adjust the subject of this ticket accordingly and I'll update the fudge
messages for the mentioned tests.

Also, there are two (failing) tests in S06-traits/misc.t that expect
X::Parameter::RW but the test code does not die currently. Those tests are
fudged with this ticket number as well, but I think the underlying problem is a
bit different and those tests deserve a separate ticket:
https://github.com/perl6/roast/blob/aca8689bc407c5461d07a52631ebcaa1f67bebad/S06-traits/misc.t#L48-L54