On 10/22/19 1:05 PM, Marcel Timmerman wrote:
On 10/20/19 11:38 PM, Joseph Brenner wrote:
I was just thinking about the case of processing a large file in
chunks of an arbitrary size (where "lines" or "words" don't really
work).   I can think of a few approaches that would seem kind-of
rakuish, but don't seem to be built-in anywhere... something like a
variant of "slurp" with an argument to specify how much you want to
slurp at a time, that'll move on to the next chunk the next time it's
invoked...

Is there anything like that kicking around that I've missed?
as a side note, there is also a .IO.CHandle.readchars($size), with $size a default of 64 kb.

Regards,
Marcel

I meant  .IO.CatHandle.readchars($size)
sorry