I'd like to contribute with m 1 cent.

Perhaps I read an interesting point mentioned by Richard:
"- Perl regular expressions (regexes) are copied (badly??) by every !!!
other language. But Raku takes them much further, and more flexibilty.
After getting used to Raku regexes, I tear my hair out when I go to
another language."

At this point, I'd like to bring you my limited acknowledgment is drive by
the fact I'm am a biologist, not a programmer, but I love code out. I
started with Perl5 and after C/C++, R and Python. And I use my programming
skills to develop some scripts to automatize some things but nowadays I'm
using a lot of R to data science & data analysis focus on biological data.
In this field, text processing is very required and even R being
implemented the regex up to Perl5 I'm too tear my hair out.

Not only by that, but Raku may ave a beautiful place in data analysis if
the library ecosystem grows up to this purpose.
in time, I'd like to help to implement those libraries, even if we may
import directly from Perl5 (which still has a bigger ecosystem of
biological packages when compared with R or Python), but my time is sadly
limitated.

Also, most important to data science, I think:
- library to plot data preferred based in the grammar of graphics (as
ggplot2)
- library to deal with data frames ('a grammar of data manipulation' based,
as dplyr)
- library to statistical tests and descriptions (also to implement
training, ML, .....)
- And last but not least, a good environment to dynamic code/analyze as
Jupiter, Rstudio (or a well personalized Vim/Emacs)

With the Concurrency, Assincronism, and Paralelims paradigms, and the nice
precisely way that Raku represents equations (0.1 * 3 = 0.3 aways should be
true), I think soon Raku may get a good place in data science and data
analysis field.

--
Aureliano Guedes
skype: aureliano.guedes