Please confirm that:

* Entering `ls` at the command line prompt does what it says
  on the tin, it does not open notepad.

* A Raku program that consists of the single line `qqx 'ls'` does
  what it says on the tin, and does not open notepad.

If those are true, then this code:

```
use lib '.'; use NativeWinUtils :RunCmd; say RunCmd(Q[ls]);
```
is NOT running the code you showed starting `sub RunCmd`.

--
raiph