Hello

After 10 years of maintaining rakudo and it modules for Debian, I've never
really managed to learn Raku.

Now, my work life has changed, I'm now a devops freelance and I no longer have
the time and energy to maintain packages that I don't actually use. So I'm
stepping down from Debian Rakudo packaging team.

Unfortunately, I was the last people active on packaging activities for Rakudo
and Rakudo modules. This means that, unless someone steps up, Rakudo package
will not be updated for Debian and its derivatives distributions (Ubuntu,
Mint...)

If needed, I will help with the maintenance of dh-raku and dh-make-raku and to
sponsor packagers who are not Debian Developers. Please reach out to me if you
need help packaging for Debian. (see also https://mentors.debian.net/)

This last weeks I've tried to leave this project with packages in a good
shape. I've fixed some bugs in dh-raku [1] and dh-make-raku [2] and updated
some Raku modules (to debug dh-make-raku)

Unfortunately, I've encountered yet another problem with raku precompilation
of raku-json-class. This is explained in a patch [3] I've tried on rakudo. But
this patch is not enough. There's another mysterious precompilation error.

I guess this problem should be discussed by my successor with Rakudo
developers at this github issue: https://github.com/rakudo/rakudo/issues/5099

All the best

Dod

[1] https://manpages.debian.org/testing/dh-raku/index.html