hello,

> How would you write that expression using the feed operator?

I tried

        < afoo12 afoo2 >
        ==> {.sort: { | map { +$_ // $_ }, .split: /\d+/, :v }}
        ==> {map &say}

and the error message is really interesting

        Only routine calls or variables that can '.append' may
        appear on either side of feed operators.

on the other hand: I really don't understand why ==> even exists
as method call syntax works well.

        < afoo12 afoo2 >
        .sort( { | map { +$_ // $_ }, .split: /\d+/, :v } )
        .map(&say)

what I would love instead is something closer than the haskell's $
operator with a very low priority so it could be possible to be
parenthesis free.

as example. I would like

        1..10 ==> map * * 2 ==> say

to be a joyful version of

        (1..10).map(* * 2).say

regards

--
Marc Chantreux
Pôle CESAR (Calcul et services avancés à la recherche)