On Wed, 26 Dec 2001, Jason Gloudon wrote:

> branch is a relative branch, look at the code generated for it:
>
> static opcode_t *
> Parrot_branch_ic (opcode_t cur_opcode[], struct Parrot_Interp * interpreter) {
>   return cur_opcode + cur_opcode[1];
> }

Yes, I see.
In parrot assmebly it looks like an absolute branch.
The assembler translates 'branch JOHN' to a relative branch.
I still find it confusing to describe the assmebly opcode 'branch IC' as a
relative branch, but I suppose thats due to my not being used to the
conventions.

And, of course, since 'core_ops.pod' is generated from 'core_ops', it
makes sense not to control it by cvs.

Boris.