On 2002-10-30 at 12:47:17, Larry Wall wrote:
> (Anybody know of a version of pine that does UTF-8?)
Yes - it's called mutt. ☺

Seriously, I do highly recommend switching from pine to mutt.  It's not
a completely painless transition, since mutt is more ELMlike than PINElike,
but I know many who have made the switch and never looked back.  And mutt
does do UTF-8 just fine, including converting automagically between
it and various other character sets (whichever ones your iconv library
knows about).

And I continue to see no French quotes whatsoever in your messages,
while those from other people either come through fine or come through
with Latin-1 French quotes marked as UTF-8.  Very odd.

--
Mark REED                    | CNN Internet Technology
1 CNN Center Rm SW0831G      | [EMAIL PROTECTED]