# > Garrett Goebel:
# > # =*> level1
# > #     =>> level2
# > #         =+>>> level3
# > #               =*>>>> level4
# > #         =>>>  level3
# > # =>  level1
# >
# > Too much punctuation, IMHO.  If it ever does become necessary to do
# > multi-level bulleting and stuff, we might as well make it explicit
# > with =over/=back.
#
# Really? Which requires more typing => or =bullet?

Actually, I find short words easier to type than a single punctuation
character.

Which is easier to read and understand?  Remember, the meaning of => in
Perl code is very, very different from a bullet.  This isn't in Perl
code, but it's still psychologically weird to have it mean something so
different.

# The think I don't like about =over/=back, is that each POD
# command has to be separated by a newline. So a significant
# portion of your visible screen becomes filled with pod
# commands instead of whatever you're trying to document. At
# least for me, the amount I can conceptualize is closely
# linked to the amount of information I can fit on my screen...

OK, that's a legitimate gripe.  It's also a separate one.  Can we adjust
POD so that you don't need an extra newline between commands?
Personally, I don't see a problem with making all /^^=/ magical.

--Brent Dax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
@roles=map {"Parrot $_"} qw(embedding regexen Configure)

Wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in
New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. And radio operates
exactly the same way. The only difference is that there is no cat.
    --Albert Einstein (explaining radio)