Ken Fox wrote:
Damian Conway wrote:

    my $iter = fibses();
    for < <$iter> > {...}

(Careful with those single angles, Eugene!)

Operator << isn't legal when the grammar is expecting an
expression, right?
Right.

The < must begin the circumfix <> operator.
Or the circumfix <<...>> operator. Which is the problem here.

Is the grammar being weakened so that yacc can handle it?
Heaven forbid! ;-)

> The rule engine is still talked about, but sometimes I get the
feeling that people don't want to depend on it.
That's not the issue.

That < <$iter> > syntax reminds me too much of C++.
Yes. But since iterating an iterator to get another iterator that
is immediately iterated will (I sincerely hope!) be a very rare
requirement, I doubt it will be anything like the serious inconvenience
it is in C++.

Damian