I just read Synopsis 3, and I have several questions.

1)       Synopsis 3 says that the difference between $x ?| $y and $x || $y
is that the later always returns a Boolean. Does this mean that $x ?| $y
short-circuits?

2)       Do all of the xor variants have the property that chained calls
return true if exactly one input parameter is true?

3)       Is there an ASCII digraph for the | operator?

4)       Do "==" and "!=" participate in chained comparisons, so that $a ==
$b == $c evaluates to true if and only if all three are equal?  Is $x > $y <
$z a legal chaining?  Or  $x < $y lt $z?

5)       Would it be possible for me to create a user-defined operator that
does chaining?

Joe Gottman