On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 02:35:21PM -0400, JOSEPH RYAN wrote:
> From: Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > Or we could just get closures working...
>
> To get closure assertions working, you need
> something that compiles the code in the
> closure assertion, and so there is a bit of a
> bootstrapping problem. (:
>
> Maybe some sort of compromise/hack solution would
> work, where closure assertions would be allowed but
> only contain simple assignments:

Indeed, after Dan's suggestion I was thinking that we
might proceed along the lines of "limited closures",
where we do some quick-and-dirty processing of
simple closure assertions until we do have a Perl 6
compiler lying around that can handle it for us.  :-)
But I'd like to first get to where we're parsing rules
and matching them in parrot before I dive fully into
handling closures.

Pm