Most of the current JIT code assumes a certain layout of Parrot registers.

1) use interpreter->int_reg.registers[0] as base
1a) interpreter is base
2) use a certain ordering inside registers

alpha ... 1)
arm   ... 2)
hppa ...  1)
ia64 ...  1a)
mips  ... does very likely not even compile
sun4  ... 2)

I can adjust and test i386 and ppc. I can fix case 1) or 1a) so that it will compile, but I can't verify that.

arm, mips, and sun4 JIT platforms need definitely some work to even keep up with the current state of the JIT interface.

So folks, if you got any experience (and a test bed and some time) for the listed platforms, please help.

You can use the PPC implementation as a reference platform. It's much cleaner and simple then i386.

After the first changes towards the new indirect register frames are in, I'll mail some info, what's needed to get JIT running again.

Thanks,
leo