At 8:29 AM +0100 11/28/04, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
Thomas Seiler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dan Sugalski wrote:
 At 10:34 AM +0100 11/27/04, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

 See also subject "Too many opcodes".

  >> [...]
Could you undo this please? Now is not the time to be trimming ops out.

When is the time? After another 1000 opcodes are in, which all ought to be functions?

Yes. Y'know, when we start doing the optimization based on a fully designed and implemented engine. Anything before that's premature. (Shall I go dig up a half dozen or more archive references with you chiding me for premature optimizations?)

 > OTOH, it won't hurt anyone and it is already in.

That's my point.

Then your point's wrong. This patch broke a lot of my code.

You keep wanting to chop things out of the core. Stop. That's not your call -- it's mine, and it will be made, but not now.

Put these back.
--
                                Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk