Will Coleda wrote:
> Ron Blaschke writes:

>> On a personal note, I (still) really like to help in win32, though
>> it's quite hard for me to get a grip on this collaboration thingy.
> *looks around* Apparently, you're not the only one. =-)

;-)

I've been blinking in and out this group for some time, this time I'll
try to stay.

>> I am not sure what things are known (expected?) to broken,

> Check RT: http://rt.perl.org/rt3/NoAuth/parrot/Overview.html has a list of
> tickets broken out by platform, including "mswin32" and "Win32" (no clue why
> those are different). See also PLATFORMS and README.win32 in the top level
> of the distro.

I'll have a look at the stale win32 tickets.  Actually, some may be
mine.

>> or who else
>> is already working on which problem (avoid racing for patches, or
>> patching something someone is already working on).

> In general, I don't think we have anyone working actively on win32 issues.
> If you wish to claim a ticket in RT, we can get you access. Do you have a
> perl.org account? In the meantime, simply post a followup to the ticket that
> you're looking into it.

Yup, I have a perl.org account.  Grabbing tickets via RT would be
sweet, but I'd settle for adding comments to the tickets, too.  I'll
take what you consider best.

>> I guess I am
>> asking for a gentle push in the right direction here, to bring
>> me up to speed.

> I would recommend going through all the old tickets in RT and seeing which
> of them are still relevant. Cleaning out the cruft will allow us to focus on
> the remaining items that are actually issues.

> Also, any updates you may have to README.win32 as you move forward would be
> greatly appreciated.

I'll do.

Thanks,
Ron