On 03/03/05 11:25 -0800, Larry Wall wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 09:30:03AM -0800, Brian Ingerson wrote:
> : Hi all,
> :
> : I'm hacking on pugs. I've added a Config.hs which is generated from the
> : build system's perl's Config.pm. This allows me to expose the Perl6 magical
> : variable $?OS.
> In fact, what I think we're dealing with are lots proxies for different
> software and hardware objects.  In fact, $?OS probably shouldn't return
> the OS name.  It should return an object describing the compiler's OS.
> We were starting to make some distinctions such that the name is
>
>     $?OSNAME
>     $*OSNAME

Larry,

At first I was overwhelmed by your reply, but it's soaking in... :)

My goal in the short term is to create an environment where regular
folks can start writing and installing and sharing Perl6 modules. It's
a lot of hacky work on various subsystems. And one thing I need is
config info.

Unfortunately, pugs has no object support yet. It probably will in the
next week or two. In the meantime I'll just wing it with an eye towards
the future.

Thanks for the mind expanding reply.

Cheers, Brian