As everyone's more than aware, I've not been around much at all the past few months. Real Life, alas, managed to get a good hold on me and doesn't look to be letting go any time soon. This isn't at all good for Parrot development -- a designer who's absent is definitely a Bad Thing, and it's really getting in the way.

So, since there's just no way I'm going to be able to do what the position requires, it's time to pass on the responsibility to someone who actually has the time. (Though I'll be wading through some of the recent backlog anyway, since I can't help but meddle :)

As such, I'd like to say a big thanks to Chip Salzenburg who's agreed to take the hat. The perl folks on the list will recognize Chip as the perl 5.004 pumpking and the guy who took the first shot at "Perl: The Next Generation" (aka Topaz). Chip's a darned sharp guy, desperately over-qualified, and one of the few people I know who can do off-the-cuff MST-ing of modern cinema.

We'll be getting Chip up to speed pretty quickly, and I've no doubt parrot will be in capable hands.

And, to forestall some of the wave of questions and off-list grumbling: The FAQ!

Q: Why isn't Leo getting the hat