At 10:44 AM -0400 4/14/05, Aaron Sherman wrote:
On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 09:11, Dan Sugalski wrote:
At 10:03 PM -0400 4/13/05, Michael Walter wrote:

 >On 4/13/05, Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 >>  All security is done on a per-interpreter basis. (really on a
 >>  per-thread basis, but since we're one-thread per interpreter it's
 >>  essentially the same thing)

 >Just to get me back on track: Does this mean that when you spawn a
 >thread, a separate interpreter runs in/manages that thread, or
 >something else?

 We'd decided that each thread has its own interpreter. Parrot doesn't
 get any lighter-weight than an interpreter, since trying to have
 multiple threads of control share an interpreter seems to be a good
 way to die a horrible death.

So to follow up on Michael's question: does this mean that you spawn a new thread, instance an interpreter, and then begin executing shared code?

Yes.

What about data?

Data needs to be explicitly shared.

--