At 3:34 PM +0200 5/25/05, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
The OrderedHash PMC provides indexed access by a (string) key as well as indexed access by insertion order. It's currently implemented as an hash holding the index value into the data array. The problem is of course deleting items (and adding items w/o string key). The former is done by storing a new Undef item, the latter just messes up the whole thing, IIRC.

Given the usage this is supposed to be for, that is:

E.g.:
- lexicals
- PMC/class types
- object attributes
- constant string table
- ...

I'd just pitch an exception if code deletes an entry or adds one with no string key. Or if you're going to make it work maybe it'd be worth renaming the current PMC class into something else and creating a new class. (Assuming the changes would slow down or add complexity to the current class, since we'd really like it fast and simple enough to be reasonably auditable)
--
                                Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk