On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, Joshua Hoblitt via RT wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Tue May 27 19:30:39 2003]:

 Currently, if you're in the debugger, and do anything that causes an
 internal_exception call within the interpreter, you get a segfault.

[Backtrace snipped]

   ...etc

 I think what's happening is that we're trying to destroy the interpreter
 that pdb itself is using, which will clearly cause bad things to happen.

Does this bug still exist?

 I've just tried this out with the current snapshot, and you no longer
 get a segfault. However, I'd still argue that the interaction between
 pdb and Parrot's exception code remains buggy, as hitting an internal
 exception call kills not only the currently executing code but also
 kills the whole pdb session. It would be more useful if it just dropped
 you back to the main pdb prompt. Whether this is worth fixing depends
 on the perceived usefulness of pdb, and so isn't my call -- I certainly
 have no time to work on it for the forseeable future.

 Regards,
 Simon