On Tuesday 04 April 2006 10:32, Tels wrote:

> There is also the point that supporting ancient Perls means you
> can't use all the new, wonderfull features that were added to later
> versions of Perl, like our, warnings etc.

This to me is the biggest problem.  After 6 years, is it finally okay for me
to use such exotic features as lexical warnings and lexical filehandles, just
to satisfy someone who refuses to upgrade an eight year old installation of
Perl?

Are there such people who absolutely want to use the latest code I wrote
without actually upgrading their systems?

I'm trying to figure out why I've been sending patches to p5p for about five
years now if people complain when I take advantage of the bugs they fix.  At
some point, it would be nice if people were to use software released this
millennium.

-- c