On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 10:25:43AM -0700, Allison Randal wrote:
> It occurs to me, after thinking about it overnight, that the .loadlib
> directive shouldn't operate at :immediate time, but at :init time,
> because it's more common to want a library to load when you run the code
> than to load only when you compile the code.

This might not seem totally related (but it is somewhat related)...

The perl6 compiler has a custom string type, currently called
"Perl6Str".  What's the canonically correct mechanism for creating
an object of that type?

    $P0 = new 'Perl6Str'
    $P0 = new .Perl6Str
    $P0 = new [ 'Perl6Str' ]

At different stages of Parrot development I've seen different
answers to this question, so it'd be helpful to know what's "correct".

(Also, if the answer is somehow different for Parrot's "built-in"
types, such as Undef or Integer, I'd like to know that.)

Pm