On 13/07/06, Smylers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Fergal Daly writes:

> On 12/07/06, Smylers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I have this one-liner as ~/bin/pmv:
> >
> > #! /bin/sh
> > perl -m$1 -le 'print '$1'->VERSION || die "No VERSION in '$1'\n"'
>
> These all fail for modules that do interesting things. For example
> Test::NoWarnings performs a Test::Builder test in an END block to make
> sure there were no warnings.

So?  It still seems to work, for the purposes of determining what
version of the module is loaded:

  $ pmv Test::NoWarnings
  0.082

That's funny, it looks like I did put some code in to disable the END
block if it's "require"d rather than "use"d. Turns out I did this to
make MakeMaker happy, so MakeMaker does actually do a full require,