Am Montag, 17. Juli 2006 18:52 schrieb Allison Randal:
> > Since we have slurpy named parameters in Parrot, why not simply leave $P3
> > off and use (optional) named parameters here to specify options?
>
> Chip/Leo, do the various named parameter passing techniques work on
> low-level PMC's defined in C?

Not yet. More specifically, we have no syntax for that, nor the tools to
create it.

A PMC method definition, e.g.

  METHOD void load_library(PMC* ar, PMC* h) {...}

is processed by the PMC compiler, which generates a signature:

  "vOPP"   # SELF being the implicit 'O'bject

With some more annotation like:

  METHOD void load_library(PMC* /**slurp**/ ar, PMC* /**namedslurp**/ h) {...}

or whatever and some perl magic, we could create signatures like:

  "vI%@"

which then can be handled during argument passing.

leo