On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 08:46:50AM -0600, Kevin Tew wrote:
> I'm seeking information regarding TGE's design goals, aspirations,
> future plans, etc.
>
> I see that Perl6 implements its own version of PAST and POST nodes.
> Is it possible to share basic PAST and POST nodes and extend them for
> particular  HLL needs?
> I know that different HLLs  share a lot  of the same semantics, they
> also have huge differences.

I'm in the process of unifying the various PAST implementations into a
common form that can (hopefully) be used by many languages.  The basics
will be available, but there will also be a way to add extensions or
override behaviors for various HLLs.

> If there is a common set of goals or objectives for compiler tools that
> Cardinal can contribute to or utilize, I would like to do so.
> This is an offer to help build and test the compiler tools. :)
>
> I just want to start a discussion about compiler tools and learn what
> information, I've missed.

Excellent!  At the moment I'm working on updating the compiler tools
draft into an official PDD for comments and suggestion, as well as
putting some code that demonstrates the pieces.  Look for this in
the next five days or so!

Pm