On 9/22/06, Richard Hainsworth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Biggest problems are the following:
a) finding the symbols - I had to use two editors, and getting them to
show them on screen

Good place to see all of the symbols in Unicode is
http://unicode.org/charts/symbols.html (a lot of PDF-files there)

You could also try to find the proper symbol from
http://www.iam.uni-bonn.de/~alt/html/unicode_3.html
and then copy-pasting it to your editor.
This seemed to work for me with Firefox+KWrite after I changed the
encoding to UTF-8 (but my font didn't show all the symbols).

b) mixing types. My version of pugs does not respect the white space at
the start and end of strings. Also if the functions are given as <<text
$l more text>>, all the white space is excluded. Not sure if this is a
feature or a non-feature.

< text more text > creates a list, not a string, and is meant to
ignore the extra spaces because spaces are only used to delimit the
list-items.
(I'm not sure about <<...>>)

If you want to create strings, just use the quotes like here:

sub infix:<☥> {...};
sub infix:<☆> {...};
sub infix:<☺> {...};

(3 ☥ 40 ☆ 7 ☺ 50).say;

sub infix:<☥> ($l,$r) {
 return "The $l wise men spent $r days";
};

sub infix:<☆> ($l,$r) {
 return "$l following a star in the $r-th heaven";
};

sub infix:<☺> ($l,$r) {
 return "$l to become very happy for $r days and nights"
};

--
Markus Laire