Allison Randal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>     .local string abc
>
>     obj.'abc'()              # call 'abc' method of obj
>     obj.abc()                # always the same as above
>     obj.{abc}()              # call method indicated by abc symbol
>     obj.{S0}()               # call method indicated by S0
>     obj.$S0()                # call method indicated by $S0
>
> Having obj.abc() always mean obj.'abc'() seems to me like it's
> most in line with what PIR-authors expect.

Yup.

Why not handle this like we handle subroutines? That is, why don't we
have a find_method opcode that returns a bound method? That simplifies
parsing for IMCC and makes PIR a little simpler.
   obj.'abc'() # call 'abc' method of obj
   obj.abc()  # same as above
   $P0 = find_method obj, abc # get bound method indicated by abc symbol
   $P0() # actually call it

--
Matt Diephouse
http://matt.diephouse.com