On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 11:39:16AM -0800, Alek Storm wrote:
> Also, though this is more of a language design question,
> shouldn't we deprecate the double-underscore method of overriding, since we
> now have the :vtable flag?

Just a note that we cannot deprecate the double-underscore method
of overriding vtable methods until RT #40626 is resolved.

RT #40626 notes that the :vtable pragma isn't currently working
for PIR code compiled into .pbc files -- see the sample program
in RT #40626.  And, just for completeness, I tried the test program
after applying the patch in #41364 and got the same results
(this is not unexpected, I'm guessing that #41364 is addressing
a different issue).

Thanks!

Pm