On 2/17/07, Paul Cochrane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2.  Parrot::Distribution contains a subroutine called is_perl() which
> presumably tests whether a file in @perl_language_files actually *is* a
> Perl file.
>
> However, I cannot locate any location where is_perl() is called.

It used to be called deep in the bowels of Parrot::Distribution before
particle++ did his fantastic job of refactoring P::D, however doesn't
seem to be used anymore.  This, I'm guessing, is related to ticket
#41387 which, unfortunately, I don't have the tuits to get to atm.
Basically all files which P::D picks up as being "perl" by using the
file suffix also need to be checked to see if they have a perl shebang
line, and this is what is_perl() was used for.

well, i *half* refactored Parrot::Distribution. there's plenty more to
do--and i haven't gotten around to it yet. after my first pass at
refactoring, i ran across the failing test case, so i added the test
to the suite. i had expected to have a quick follow-up patch to fix
it, but i haven't had the time. i hope to have it fixed before this
week's release.

~jerry