On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 05:39:01PM +0100, Klaas-Jan Stol wrote:
> Ticket:
> #37542: [TODO] core - document behavior of multiple :load subpragmas in
> same compilation unit
> : the behavior of multiple subroutines marked with the ':load' subpragma
> : in the same compilation unit is currently undefined. PGE currently
> : uses a workaround for this limitation, as seen in
> : compilers/pge/PGE.pir.
>
> However, this behavior *is* defined, according to
> http://www.parrotcode.org/docs/imcc/calling_conventions.html:
> Does this mean this ticket can be closed?

I agree that the ticket can probably be closed.

First, PGE no longer uses the workaround, and relies on the
fact that :load works as documented in calling_conventions.html .

But I also think that with things like this we want to make sure that
not only is the documentation updated (as given by the TODO), but
also that there is test coverage for the behavior described by
the new documentation.

Fortunately, in this case it looks to me as though t/pmc/sub.t
does have tests that check for proper execution of multiple
:load subs.  So I think this ticket can be safely closed.

Thanks,

Pm