Hi,

On 27.02.2015 23:57, Elizabeth Mattijsen wrote:
>> On 27 Feb 2015, at 17:24, Moritz Lenz (via RT)
>> <perl6-bugs-follo...@perl.org> wrote:
>>
>> # New Ticket Created by  Moritz Lenz
>> # Please include the string:  [perl #123949]
>> # in the subject line of all future correspondence about this issue.
>>

>> Both IO::Socket::Async and Proc::Async have the options to get supplies
>> for binary or string data, but there are two inconsitentcies:
>>
>> 1) Proc::Async has methods stdout(:$bin), IO::Socket::Async has
>> chars_supply and bytes_supply. There should be some naming consistency here
>>
>> 2) Proc::Async has live supplies, and requires you to set them up before
>> starting the process. IO::Socket::Async has on-demand supplies that you
>> can get after the fact.
>>
>> In the interest of a smooth asynchronous experience, we should make them
>> more consistent.
>
> I will take that into the newio branch, unless someone beats me to it in nom.

Thanks.

While I'm at it, there are two more inconsistencies between
IO::Socket::Async and IO::Socket::INET:

1. IO::Socket::Async.connect() uses positional arguments for the host
and port, while IO::Socket.:INET.new uses

2. ::Async uses separate .connect and .listen methods, ::INET uses a
.new with a separate :listen argument to distinguish them. (I think I
tend to prefer the separate methods approach).

Cheers,
Moritz