On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 06:08:33AM -0700, Will Coleda via RT wrote:
> I agree that this should be throwing the same conversion error.

I disagree to the extent that making min() throw the conversion error seems
to go against the purpose of designing soft/lazy Failure types into Perl 6
in the first place.

Sometimes we speak about not having the entire rocket explode simply
because of a few errors in the input set.  In this case, min() is designed
to silently ignore undefined values in its calculations.  Since in this
example all of the input values were undefined, min returned its 0-arg
case of Inf.

Perhaps an argument could be made that if min() is invoked on a list
consisting only of undefined values, it should return the first (undefined)
value instead of Inf.  In other words, undefined values end up in this
middle-region between "lowest defined value" and "Inf", or something like
that.

At any rate, at this moment it's more of a specification issue than an
actual rakudobug.

Pm