Elizabeth Mattijsen via RT wrote:
>Fixed with ae8d9809c432f071643384

It's good that you're now factoring out the escaping code.  This means
that these methods (including for IO::Path) are now correct.  But the
factoring is still flawed, in that you've inlined what remains of
the body of Str.perl into each of these .perl methods.  This inlining
doesn't achieve anything; it would be much more sensible for them to
call .perl on their Str values.  In the case of IO::Path you also have
some gratuitous escaping of pipe characters, a relic of former versions
of the code that used that as the delimiter.

>Zefram: I assume you checked all .perl methods in core for this, or
>should I look at them some more?

I looked systematically through rakudo/src, and the ones I mentioned
are all that I found.

-zefram