On Wed, 07 Jun 2017 08:48:20 -0700, alex.jakime...@gmail.com wrote:
> We had a bunch of segfaults

Segfaults are program memory access errors. Here, we're talking about
well-defined
behaviour that you wish to make more complex on entirely arbitrary whim by
special-casing
the compiler, documentation, tests, and any program that relies on this
well-defined behaviour.

What baffles me is we have several people calling for the ban on The
Superscripts yet, no one appears
appear to have any issues with ⅟², 𑁓², ౸², ㆒², 𐌣², and 𑁒² which are also
perfectly valid sequences. I'll
tell you why, because no one typed that crap up on IRC and then said it looks
weird to them. It's the sole
reason this ticket exists and there's isn't a single real program in the world
where making superscripts
special-cased and erroring out on them would've done any good.

The price of your proposal is unwanted complexity and IMO your justification
for introducing it is entirely
insufficient, poorly-defined, and arbitrary. The purpose of errors is to help
people, not to make the language more complex.