# New Ticket Created by  Jan Ingvoldstad
# Please include the string:  [perl #131608]

According to a brief mail discussion on perl6-users
(https://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.users/2017/06/msg3905.html
and subsequent messages), Rakudo seems to improperly handle piping
with e.g. head, and therefore most likely any other kind of external
program that would close a pipe.

For the sake of bug record keeping, here's the relevant snippet of the
discussion.

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 12:13 PM, Elizabeth Mattijsen wrote:

> Failed to write bytes to filehandle: Broken pipe
>   in block <unit> at -e line 1
>
> So it would appear this got fixed by the synchronous IO refactor, and will be
> available in the 2017.06 release, which is scheduled for tomorrow.

This appears to be only a partial fix with an unexpected outcome.

awk, Perl 5, Ruby, etc. do not generate errors for similar use of
pipes, and instead use exit status 0.

PS: I have not installed the latest Rakudo myself, this just caught my
interest, and I was asked to file a rakudobug about it.

--
Jan