On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 09:25:26 -0700, alex.jakime...@gmail.com wrote:
> I think the purpose of the ticket was stated clearly in the first message.
>
> Feel free to change the comment in the source code to “This is a hack but
> there's no point to improve it” and close the ticket.
>
> To me it felt like the intention was to improve this part later, but no TODO
> comment was left, so we have this ticket. If I am being wrong, then yeah.
>
> On 2017-07-17 09:18:29, c...@zoffix.com wrote:
> > On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 08:33:12 -0700, alex.jakime...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > I don't think this ticket needs so much discussion… It's basically
> > > about
> > > implementing the damn thing properly (and coming up with a way to do
> > > it along
> > > the way).
> >
> > What problems does the current implementation have? What problem is
> > the ticket wishes to be solved?

We peek at the filename in many places in Backtrace class. The "evil hack"
comment was added when the full pathname was examined in the past and never
changed when code was changed. Lastly, I'm unware of any issues the current
code is causing or is predicted to be causing, so I removed[^1] the comment
and going to close the ticket.

[1] https://github.com/rakudo/rakudo/commit/91be8bc1ca