JT> SVs are never downgraded, so no one's source and destination are
JT> another's respective destination and source.  Maybe the above sequence
JT> isn't exactly right, but if we adhere to strict rules for lock
JT> sequencing, there won't be a deadlock, right?

Which brings to mind, (probably more appropriate to -language)

the user needs a mechanism to handle multi-object locking, or a clean
method to order his lock aquisition.

<chaim>
--
Chaim Frenkel                                        Nonlinear Knowledge, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                               +1-718-236-0183