I don't think you should even attempt to version/transaction protect
a tied variable. Anything that leaves the memory or could leave the
memory (e.g. socket write) should probably not be versioned.

Unless the tied variable somehow is able to tie itself into the
transaction manager. It is up for grabs.

But if it participates then as far as the 'caller' or user is concerned
it looks like a variable and acts like a variable. It must be a variable.

<chaim>