At 02:48 PM 8/25/00 -0400, Chaim Frenkel wrote:
>My understanding of -internals (and Dan) is that all the current perl
>(or whatever Larry leaves) will continue to be there. It is an internals
>issue where it really lives.
>
>So if socket() is removed from the core (the executable). Perl upon
>noticing a socket() without a user specified use that might override
>it. Will transparently make it available along with all the associated
>constants.

This is the case, yep.

>I made the suggestino a while back, that if this is true for core. It
>might be feasible for non-core modules (assuming some sort of registry)
>so that an implicit use might be performed.

Yup, that's what I'm thinking of as well. It might as well be available to
everyone if it's available to the core.  (And yes, I'm ignoring versioning
issues here too... :)

I think it's time for me to go missing for a while and finish the RFC that
details what I'm thinking about for this...