Dan Sugalski wrote:
> > >     get_value
> > >     set_value

>  The get/set value functions are for when something knows what the SV (or
> whatever we call it) really is and can handle the raw data. For example,
> if my code knew a SV held a complex number (which doesn't map well to the
> int/float/char translation) and I could handle it, then I'd call get_value
> and get the raw data.

Are you envisioning that a lot of the perl core will use these functions, or
are they for special things like:

my complex_number $ii;

?

My reason for asking is that the more of the perl core that relies on
specific representations of data, the more complexity there is in porting to
other architectures.

--
Bradley M. Kuhn  -  http://www.ebb.org/bkuhn

PGP signature