On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 04:36:51PM -0600, Nathan Torkington wrote:
> Dan Sugalski writes:
> > Okay--Parrot Object Code. (If I was feeling cleverer at the moment, I'd
> > come up with a name that has a snappier acronym. Alas I'm not... :)
>
> p-code.  The p stands for Parrot :-)

No, it stands for "pieces of eight".

        The bar silver and the arms still lie, for all that I
        know, where Flint buried them; and certainly they shall
        lie there for me.  Oxen and wain-ropes would not bring
        me back again to that accursed island; and the worst
        dreams that ever I have are when I hear the surf
        booming about its coasts or start upright in bed with
        the sharp voice of Captain Flint still ringing in my
        ears: "Pieces of eight!  Pieces of eight!"

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen