On Tue 18 Sep 2001 10:52, Mattia Barbon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
>
> >On Mon 17 Sep 2001 23:08, Ask Bjoern Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> oops, I forgot to tell anyone.  I made CVS export and tar up a
> >> snapshot every 6 hours. It is available at
> >> http://cvs.perl.org/snapshots/parrot/
> >
> >Any chance on rsync? If so, I might set up another smoke suite to bother you
> >with reports :)
> I wantd it too ( just waited for the Win32 changes to be integrated int
> the perl one, to do a thing at a time ), but I can start sooner,
> of course
>
> >If Mattia keeps the test suite in shape, I /will/ try to initiate a smoke. At
> >first this sounds simple, but when the base conf uses the perl conf that is
> >used for the perl that is called on configure.pl, I will either have to change
> >some of the flags used (for 64bit env's) or rebuilt perl for each parrot smoke.
> >Which in fact would be fun to integrate into the bleadperl smoke :) that is,
> >test parrot for every bleadperl conf tested. Hmmmm, think, think, think ...
> Now you can do
> perl Configure.pl --defaults --define ccflags=... --define ld=cc
> --define cc=gcc --define libs=-lfoo
>
> for each and every flag, and they will ovrride the perl ones
> ( in fact I use this to compile a MinGW parrot using ActivePerl )
> And yes, I was thinking of smoke when I submitted that
> patch...
>
> WRT smoking, I can made a Parrot smoking suite modifying the
> perl one, since I have
> lots of time ( it's nice to be a student :-) )

Consider it your's :)

I will try to *integrate* it in my hybrid perl5 smoke and test parrot for
every bleadperl configuration. Yummie, sounds like fun. Now only I have to
enable the Unix host to connect to cvs.perl.org (everything is closed), but I
managed for ftp.linux.activestate.com, and I'll manage again!

--
H.Merijn Brand    Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://www.amsterdam.pm.org/)
using perl-5.6.1, 5.7.1 & 629 on HP-UX 10.20 & 11.00, AIX 4.2, AIX 4.3,